Pages

Thursday 22 August 2013

Getting Settled

Hello sweet family and friends!

The last couple of days have consisted of a lot of running around.  My flat has pretty much all I need for the kitchen, etc. already but I did need to buy some things like towels and cleaning supplies AND little tins for my biscuits, tea and coffee :)

I went out last night with a few people from the church that I am planning to get involved in while I am here. We went to this restaurant/nightclub place where they play movies on Wednesday nights.  The dance floor was converted to be like a big living room with couches we watched 'Clueless' on the big screen in there.  I got to chat with some of the girls before and after the film and it was really nice to start to connect with some people from the city.  One of the girls also walked home with me and gave me a mini-tour of some of the cool spots in the city which was really nice :)  The church in general sounds super awesome and I am excited to check it out on Sunday and to meet some more lovely folks!

In my travels today I tested out the camera on my new phone and took a few snaps of the city.  I will take many more soon in the next couple of days when I am less busy.


I definitely ate Weetabix for breakfast and lunch today.  SO yummy!
Whoever decided to make them tiny and to add chocolate was kind of a genius
(I never was a fan of the big, plain wheat-cake version that we have at home)!

Ruins of a church that was bombed in the Blitz.

The Bargate which was built in Roman times (1180 AD)  
Some pieces of the old town wall are still standing as well.

One of our friendly neighbourhood rhinos!
They are all over the city and all decorated by different artists.

If you need to find a cross-walk here, just look for the Lego block pattern!

Hotel where the Titanic passengers stayed before their ill-fated voyage.

The taller crane is where this epic climb happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fs0hkdJzk8  SO CRAZY!!


I am going to try to just relax tonight and get to bed at a reasonable time.  The jet-lag hasn't been that bad but I am still pretty tired!

Love you all!  

-Heather <3



No comments:

Post a Comment