Pages

Saturday 12 October 2013

Pressing On...

Hello everyone!

Another week has gone by and I am starting to really look forward to half-term!  Only two more weeks and I get a break to get refreshed and to start school again feeling more like I know what I am doing and less frantic.

It was a pretty average week school-wise but I had a pretty nasty cold so I was really exhausted.  In our department we are starting feel the crunch as we have a parents’ evening on the 23rd where we will be displaying all of the projects that the kids have been working on over the course of the term.  Everything has to be display-ready asap so we are all keeping busy with marking and the kids are busy reviewing, reflecting on and revising their work. 

I have also officially joined a teachers' union and there is a strike day scheduled for this Thursday that some of us will be participating in.  My membership just became official so I am not sure if I am going to be actively involved yet.  If enough teachers do strike then the school will be closed on Thursday.

I went to a murder mystery party on Wednesday night which was really excellent.  It was a 1920s American gangster theme and we all had fun getting into character.  I did not figure out who the murderer was (it got really crazy and complicated) but it was a good time!    


This week I also decided to become involved in my church’s production of the Mark Drama which will take place at the end of November.   This video explains what it is all about:


The church in the video is Above Bar so that is exactly what it will look like when we perform.  We will memorize all of the scenes over a month and a half and then have an intense week/weekend of rehearsals and performances.  We are still trying to recruit two more men to complete the team (which is surprising in a church of 500+ people) but we are going to go ahead and hope that two more come to complete our group soon!

Finally, I have bought my tickets for Christmas and I know for sure that I will be in Canada from December 23 until January 2.  I am excited to see some of you then!!

Basically, I am pressing on knowing that I will get a break soon, but emotionally and mentally I am still in quite a good state.

I hope you are all well!


-Heather <3

No comments:

Post a Comment